Video meeting prerequisites & troubleshooting
InvitePeople video meetings make use of WebRTC technology, and to participate the user must join through an updated browser (preferably Google Chrome). Beside that there are a few other basic prerequisites that need to be met in order to get the most out of video meetings.
- Join through an updated browser. Google Chrome is recommended. Firefox, Edge Chromium, Safari on iOS and Chrome on Android are also supported but somewhat limited.
- Make sure to allow your browser to access your camera and microphone.
- Make sure you are connected to a stable network, preferably through an ethernet cable.
- Use headphones or a headset to prevent noise and audio feedback.
Having trouble? These steps solve most issues with video meetings.
- Turn off any background effects.
- Close all other applications and browser windows using the camera or microphone.
- Reload your browser.
- Try Incognito or Private mode.
- Quit and reopen your browser.
- Try another browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium).
- Reboot your computer.
Still having trouble? There might be a firewall or other network or security configuration blocking your video meetings. Please try the following.
- Try another computer or mobile device.
- Connect to a different network.