Read before using custom HTML, CSS or embed third party tools
InvitePeople is one of the most flexible event management systems on the market. We love that you can brand and make the events your own. It is possible to easily select custom fonts, colors and branding images for events. Using our pages, sessions, companies and matchmaking modules the number of possible configurations of an event is infinite. Customization can even be taken one step further by using custom HTML and CSS or embedding third party tools into InvitePeople. Before doing so, please read this article!
Custom HTML and CSS
It is possible to use HTML to design your Event pages from scratch. There is also features for embedding videos and interactivity tools into InvitePeople. If you are a Supervisor Administrator you might even have access to Customize CSS, where you can override the appearance of InvitePeople. These are extremely powerful features, but with great power comes great responsibility. Before using custom HTML or CSS, please consider the following:
- Only use HTML or CSS customizations if you have a deep knowledge and understanding of the risks involved and how to solve related issues.
- Never use HTML or CSS customizations for business critical parts of your events.
- InvitePeople cannot take responsibility for HTML or CSS customisations, and you are always liable for testing and verifying them.
- InvitePeople cannot provide support for HTML or CSS customizations with short notice, or quickly fix issues incurred by them.
Embedding third party tools
There are lots of places in InvitePeople where you can embed third party tools, such as external video players or live stream and interactivity add-ons. This is great, and we encourage you to use the tools that best fit your needs. But before embedding third party tools, please consider the following:
- Only embed third party tools that you are familiar with and know how to use.
- Only embed third party tools where designated in InvitePeople. For example, only embed video players in the Embedded video field.
- InvitePeople cannot take responsibility for embedded third party tools, and you are always liable for testing and verifying them.
- InvitePeople cannot provide support for embedded third party tools, or quickly fix issues incurred by them.